Monday, March 23, 2009

Run Tall...

And carry a big stick!

That's how I feel after this weeks training.



You can pussy foot around only so much trying to find the right kind of training regime, and when you find what works you stick with it.

Geezzz! Do we have to make things more complicated than they are already!

Hello!!!

Ditch the water bottle belt "pacer" if your knees have hurt ever since you've started wearing it, we'll figure something else out. Your no good to me if your "lame".

Please bare with me Peeps. My "pacer" and I are haven a fabulous week of running but we have had to fine tune some of our training to get back to the core of what feels right with our bones and our paws. We need to feel light on said paws and there is no other way, than the proven way. At two weeks out from our A race, we are staying on proven ground. We will not mess with what has worked in the past, we will stay with tried and true. Right "pacer"?



Like I said, it's been a really solid week of training with a total of 64 miles "logged" (haha get it?) and that's with three rest days. We took Monday and Tuesday off, we did 15 in the hills on Wednesday, 22 at the lake on Thursday, five recovery from the house on Friday, took Saturday off and then another 22 at the lake on Sunday.

Sunday was a balls out run! Course everything I do is "balls out", cause I'm neutered. Hahaha I crack myself up! Anywho, really Sundays run was over the top for a long run, we did our 22 in like 2:40:00, we pretty much weren't messing around and it felt GREAT. We did some speed bursts in there that had my tongue a flapping and I even practiced my water crossings too. I think there are like six of them at Rockin K, some of them are pretty deep, probably gonna have to swim em.



Anyway, I'm feeling totally badass, I'm runnen TALL and I got the biggest stick I could find.

Bark!

2 comments:

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

Paws down, Oly, you are the dog!!!

Yeti said...

Hank wanted to say congrats on you first bib number for the Rock'in K. I see your age group is 2. What's that in Dawg years? Have fun lil buddy.